Tuesday, January 22, 2013

For My Fellow Dog Lover Writers



There are only 8 days left to submit something for the AKC Family Dog's 26th Annual Fiction Writing Contest.

I've been very into dog fiction lately, ever since I found a copy of Dog is My Co-Pilot: Great Writers on the World's Oldest Friendship at a Cape Cod flea market. It's filled with fantastic (funny, sad, inspiring, etc.) stories about humans and their beloved canine friends.

I'm still hoping to carve out some time (between my freelance assignments and revising the second book of the Desperately Ever After series) to enter.

Of course, I need to think of a story first. Maybe this weekend. It only has to be postmarked on the 31st...

P.S. I finally opened my copy of The Art of Racing in the Rain, which has been sitting on my desk for months, and cried my eyes out in the very first chapter. My tear ducts are taking a brief rest, but I've heard it's fantastic. It's been a NYTimes bestseller for, like, centuries. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment